IDL (Interactive Data Language) on the web has been extensively surveyed to present the most comprehensive and up-to-date collection of links to IDL resources worldwide. They have been organised into a concise set of simply navigable web pages, and feature the most extensive list of publicly available IDL code libraries and applications. These pages will be an invaluable reference for both potential and existing IDL users worldwide. Most importantly, all this information is checked and updated regularly. The IDL web pages have have been organised into the following sections:
- IDL Help - IDL FAQ, NEWSGROUP, TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
- IDL Code - PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IDL CODE LIBRARIES AND APPLICATIONS
- IDL Links - IDL WEB SITE LINKS
- IDL Resources - GLOBAL COASTLINES, LAND/SEAFLOOR TOPOGRAPHY DATA SETS
The most important and up-to-date IDL resources (in my opinion) can be found at:
- David Fanning's IDL Programming Tips | Gallery | Download ALL Programs
- Exelis VIS' Documentation Center (IDL Help on the web) | IDL Data Point
- Michael Galloy's Resources for IDL developers
- Google Group's comp.lang.idl-pvwave
Please contact Dr Robert Dahni with any comments or contributions to the content of these IDL web pages.
IDL® is a registered trademark of Harris Geospatial Solutions for their Interactive Data Language software.